Well friends, it’s been a rough week but things are looking up. I have been struggling all week with a lot of pain in my hip. The last two days were especially uncomfortable but today I feel like a bit of improvement and I have a spring in my step. Well not too much, because I don’t want to push it and overdo it.
There have been some great things happening over the past couple days that I haven’t posted about because I felt like I was too gloomy to write anything. I figured no one wanted to hear about my pity party, and I was taught that if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
Here’s a couple things that have made me smile lately.
1. I got my quest bars in the mail along with my new protein powder. I can’t wait to try these bars warmed up as some of my instagram friends have suggested. And the chocolate protein powder was a lovely change this morning. I added peanut butter and bam- dessert protein shake for breakfast.
3. Last night we had an unexpected visit with a good friend and we went for drinks and snacks with her. Always love unexpected visits.
4. I had a pretty great morning at work. Good news for me today. And Friday’s are always good work days because it’s go out for lunch day and wear jeans day.
6. Despite an awful day on the pain scale with my hip and a terrible experience with treatment in the morning and a referral for an MRI- I woke up with less pain. Progress or fluke? Not sure. But I will take it.
8. It’s the weekend. I have some pretty great things planned with some pretty great people. And I think the sun is supposed to shine.
So there you have it… for now. I am sure there will be lots more things to smile about over the long weekend and I can’t wait to share them with you guys!
What has made you smile lately?
What’re your fun plans for the weekend?