Back to work Tuesday. Short week which should be awesome. But it was a crazy day. I got yelled at pretty hard at work. (Not by anyone I work with). It was first thing in the morning so it wasn’t a good start to the day at all. I got through the day, but I wasn’t feeling well. I was tired tired tired. I also felt nauseous throughout the day, which I blame on my friend K who had a stomach bug on the weekend. So I either caught it, or it was my subconscious paranoia that I was going to catch it. But J was feeling the same way so who knows. I think I am fighting something. Here are some random points about my Tuesday.
1. Monday night I decided to ice my calf because it was so so so tight from the WOD. I thought I was being so good, I foam rolled, used the lacrosse ball and it was still tight so I iced it. I did it the way I always do it. Had the ice wrapped tight around it, left it on for 10-15 minutes. I noticed it felt kinda burny which it doesn’t normally do but thought, oh get over it you are fine. Well when I took the ice off my skin looked so frozen and bumpy! I think I gave myself frostbite. Legit. It is still burning two days later and is all red still. It’s the same feeling as a bad sunburn. I am even treating it with cooling gel like I would a sun burn. Ouch! Lesson learned? I sure hope so.
2. I took C to swimming and I need to vent about something. I don’t understand why women take their pants or bathing suits off when they don’t have the next layer of clothing ready to go. I am not saying people should be ashamed and hide themselves in a changeroom. I am just suggesting they be a little more prepared for the next time, and maybe just a bit more discreet? I saw more butts and lady parts last night then I need too. Sorry if you don’t agree- this is just my opinion.
3. I love driving with my brights on. Because we live in the country I get to use my brights on the road and I find it somewhat enjoyable to use them. I think city dwellers are missing out on this.
4. I was drinking out of a straw Tuesday night and approached it too aggressively I guess and split my lip.
5. In bed J turned around quickly causing a pillow to fling towards me and hit me in the eye. And it really hurt. So I guess I suffered a pillow injury???
6. I had the best sandwich of life. I made a Thanksgiving leftovers sandwich complete with turkey, stuffing, cranberry and mashed potato. It was literally mind blowing.
Let’s hope Wednesday is a better day. It has already started and is not off to a great start so far but I am keeping my positive pants on and hoping it will turn around.
After all it’s hump day and my plank challenge rest day!
What’s your favourite cure for a bad day?
Mine is to relax and cuddle with my two favourite people.
Is there anything you are looking forward to this weekend?
We have two Thanksgiving dinners and a Fall fair to look forward to!