I have decided that since I have a bunch of random thoughts today I would present them to you in bullet points. Again. It’s just easier for me to make my random babble sound more organized and presentable. So that’s how I am going to roll.
1. Wednesday I had one of those days where I was on edge ALL day. Like seriously ALL day long. I couldn’t relax and my mind was racing. I did make it to CrossFit and the wod was an awesome one but I had a childcare issue come up and spent a lot of time on the phone figuring that out so I didn’t get to experience the full awesomeness of the wod. I did have sore arms the next day which made me feel better about it. I obviously got something out of it.
2. Another thing that happened Wednesday to fluster me pre-wod was I was getting changed and realized I had forgotten to pack socks! I asked the class if anyone had some and thankfully one of the girls had some in her car so she hooked me up.
3. I actually went to bed early on Wednesday simply so I wouldn’t have to deal with the day anymore.
4. Thursday- a new day. I had another frustrating day. I was really spilly and droppy. My bra strap came off and smacked me in the face while I was changing, I dropped so many things while I was getting ready.
5. I decided to go for a run after work, both to clear my mind and also because I really needed to get my mileage up for my upcoming half marathon. It ended up being an awesome run just over 6 km. I went on a route near C’s school, and I tackled a hill that has always been my nemesis. It’s called the “Jerseyville hill”. well, that’s what I call it anyway. It’s a tough one and I have always had to stop at least once to walk on it. Not yesterday!!! Not even once during the whole 6km did I stop and walk and it included the hill. Nice try Jerseyville Hill. I won.
6. James made one of my favourite dinners last night. Turkey sausage with peppers and mushrooms and it’s like a stew. He adds Quinoa instead of rice and it’s delicious every time. I enjoyed it to the fullest in full comfort. On the couch with my feet up.
7. It’s Friday. I woke up on time, so did C. There was no rushing. I got to wear jeans. And there were cookies in the lunchroom.
I feel like all of this is a premonition to a better day than the last two. I will take it. Good things are planned for the weekend. It’s sunny. It’s Friday. All seems ok in the world.
I also want to send a shout out to my bestie L. She’s got a big day of travelling planned to be reunited with her true love across the world. There will be laughter, and tears, and so much love and I am so excited for her. Safe travels friend. xoxox
Do you ever have one of those days where you just want to go to bed to get it done with?
Do you have a hill that you feel is your running nemesis?
I don’t anymore!!!