I am going to be attending a work function in a couple weeks with a large group of strangers. It will be in another city that I will have to fly to… ALONE. If you know me well you know that I really have a comfort zone and my bubble doesn’t stretch very far at all. So the trip in itself is uncomfortable. What makes it even worse is that I was asked to send a fact about myself that no one else would no about me, that I am ok with my work colleagues knowing. Sounds easy right?
Nope. Here I sit trying to come up with something interesting about myself and I got nothing. So I did what I do for any situation where I don’t know the answer. I ask those that love me. I asked my sister and J so far and I did get some good suggestions, but I don’t know if they are THE answers. Here’s what we have come up with so far.
1. I can deadlift 205 lbs. This may impress any non lifters but is it interesting enough?
2. I have an irrational fear of lighters. This is so true. It’s unique that’s for sure. Don’t come near me with one, don’t even joke about lighting one on me. Just don’t.
3. J suggested I show them my “move”. I have a dance move that I only bust out at “the right time”. I am not sure that a work function is “that” time.
4. I have lifted over 100 lbs over my head. More than once. And it feels AMAZING.
5. I have a severe allergy to grass and hay and chose to live on a farm. Not the best combination but worth it to be with the one I love. As long as he doesn’t come near me when he gets home from work until he has a very thorough shower to remove all traces of grass and hay.
6. I have run a half marathon. I would someday like to run another one, and my goal is to complete the full Around the Bay 30 km.
7. J and I like to travel and go to different baseball stadiums. We would love to go to every Major League Stadium at some point in our lives.
8. I love the smell of skunk. Honestly, people think I am nuts but I like it. I love when I am driving and I drive through an area where one has sprayed.
9. I am getting married to the love of my life and very best friend in 161 days. Holy crap that’s soon!!!
10. I take A LOT of selfies. Like a lot more than I post. I am not vain, but sometimes I use a selfie as a mirror. I don’t think I am alone on this but I won’t be sharing this with my colleagues.
I guess I have some material to work with. I haven’t quite decided which I will share, but I have definitely narrowed it down. I am also going to keep thinking of more over the weekend so maybe I can have enough material for a part two post?!
Now it’s your turn- tell me a fun fact about you?