Here’s What’s Up

Oh hi there!  I realize I have been a little bit MIA but the weekend got away from me there.  Let’s recap shall we?

1. Friday– I took the afternoon off work for some me time.  I went to the gym at noon and I enjoyed a nice strength session of deadlifting to a two rep max.  I was feeling strong and worked to 2 reps at 190 lbs!  Not bad right??!!  Then we had an awesome workout and sadly I can’t remember it enough to recap it.  I know I felt amazing when we were done and there were definitely pull ups in it and it was definitely an AMRAP.

After the gym I ran some errands and went and treated myself to a manicure.  I had a wedding to go to and since J was out of time my sister in law was my date.  We hadn’t had a night out together in a while and I think it’s safe to say we made the most of it and had an amazing time.

getting a little silly
getting a little silly

2. Saturday– it was an early morning and I was feeling a little rough after the silliness of the night before.  I got myself ready and as I got moving I noticed a lot of soreness in my back.  Fortunately I was heading to a chiro appointment that morning, but it turns out I did something my back didn’t like.  I am attributing it either to my deadlifting, though I never felt anything during or right after, or the fact that I wore a pretty high heel for a lot longer than I am used to at the wedding and after, on a concrete floor for the night.  It also may have been a little bit of both.

After chiro I headed to my parent’s house with C and my Mom and cousin and I went shopping while C had a day with her Opa.  We had a nice time and hit up the outlets.  I used my birthday money and bought a gorgeous new Cole Haan purse.  Then we had a nice family dinner.  Sadly, I was uncomfortable for most of the day because of my back.  The drive made it a lot worse, and I tried a couple things on when we were shopping and it was not fun so I didn’t do much in the way of clothes shopping.

3.  Sunday–  C and I got up from our sleepover we had Saturday, and we went out for breakfast.  Then we did some groceries and then finally it was time to go to the airport to pick up J.  We were both really excited to see him and I am so happy to have him home now.  On our way home we stopped and got something to eat and then had a nice quiet night at home.  I had to take some muscle relaxants because my back got really sore.

sore back

4. Monday– I woke up and once I was moving my back felt better.  Throughout the day there were moments where it got uncomfortable in certain positions but it felt better than it had all weekend.  It was a busy day and I ate lunch super late.  I had tried something new and it was a really yummy combination.

avocado, with tuna and apple mixed with a little greek yogurt.  and old faithful super kale salad.
avocado, with tuna and apple mixed with a little greek yogurt. and old faithful super kale salad.

It was really good and I will definitely make this again.  The rest of the day flew by and it ended with a late off site meeting that meant I wouldn’t make it to the gym.  It was probably not the worst thing for my back.  It was a really warm day so I thought I might be able to get a run in, but sadly after my meeting it was rainy and super windy.

I did get a home workout in which included skipping, some arm work with dumbbells, goblet squats and then some ab work doing plank variations.  It felt good and I managed to find lots of movements that didn’t aggravate my back.  Dinner was steak and broccoli.  IMG_8672The evening was exciting because it was the Blue Jays home opener.  Sadly we weren’t at the game but we watched it on tv.  I think that gets us all caught up.  I will do my best not to be absent for as long but sadly life can really get in the way.  Rude.

Any baseball fans out there?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s